Now open in London is the NEW Assouline Culture Lounge at The Halkin. The hotel’s lobby bar has been transformed to showcase some of Assouline’s most iconic coffee table books, including collections in fashion, art, photography, travel, architecture, and design. The Halkin has long been one of the city’s best-kept secrets, nestled among the stately Georgian facades of Belgravia, minutes from Harrods. Passersby now have the perfect place to stop for a midday or evening break. While enjoying signature cocktails and other light bites, they can peruse the beautiful books and other antiquities on display. To bring the literature to life, the lounge will host a series of events with selected authors later this year.
We love the new concepts. Can’t wait to stop by and grab a glass of wine… and unwind after a Harrods shopping spree.
This picture (with the Big Ben clock tower, the Parliament building, and the double-decker red bus) is definitely one of the most representative pictures of London.
What you end up doing when you visit London depends on the time you have available. Travel agencies can give you itineraries ranging from several hours to days. But regardless of how long you are visiting, here are 7 activities you should include in your travel schedule.
- The London Eye: spectacular views from the largest Ferris wheel in Europe!
- Tower of London: a palace and fortress with nearly 1,000 years of history.
- The National Gallery: an impressive collection of Western European paintings.
- London Street Markets: colorful markets for every kind of shopping.
- Buckingham Palace: for a royal experience and to see the traditional changing of the guard.
- Cruise on the River Thames: a relaxing and leisurely way to explore London.
- The British Museum: discover one of the largest collections in the world on human history and culture!
* Photo by Adrian Perez